Chemicals to Avoid When Choosing your Skincare
Natural products are free of harmful chemicals, preservatives, and additives that may cause long-term damage to our skin. These ingredients have been proven safe over time and do not pose any risk to our bodies. Our body absorbs these chemicals differently than synthetic ones. Synthetic ingredients are absorbed directly into the bloodstream while natural ingredients are broken down and metabolized by the liver.
Here are some chemicals to stay away from when choosing your skincare.
- Parabens-Parabens are preservatives that have been linked to cancer. They are commonly added to cosmetics to prevent bacteria growth and keep ingredients fresh. However, they have been shown to cause breast cancer in lab rats.
- Mineral Oil-Mineral oil is often used as a moisturizer, but it is actually bad for your skin. It clogs pores and prevents natural oils from absorbing properly. If you use mineral oil regularly, it can lead to acne breakouts and blackheads.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)-This ingredient is found in many shampoos and cleansers. It strips away the protective layer of the skin, leaving it vulnerable to dryness and irritation.
- Artificial Colors-Artificial colors are not only unsafe for your body, but they are also bad for the environment. Many people believe that artificial colors make food look brighter, but they don't. Instead, they just add unnecessary calories.
- Petroleum-Based Oils-Petroleum-based oils are extremely harmful to the environment. They are toxic to marine animals and are known to cause birth defects in humans.
- Alcohol-Alcohol dries out the skin and makes it prone to infections and rashes. It's best to avoid using alcohol at all costs.
Heres what to look for when buying skincare:
- Aloe Vera - A natural herb from South Africa that's known to have anti-inflammatory properties. It may help reduce inflammation of the skin caused by sunburn, eczema, psoriasis, acne, and insect bites.
- Rose Hip Oil - The rose hip is a fruit that grows off of a shrub and contains high levels of vitamin C, antioxidants, and flavonoids. Vitamin C helps promote collagen production, and antioxidants fight free radicals and help strengthen the immune system. If you're looking for natural ways to deal with damaged skin, then try using some rose hip oil!
- Sea Buckthorn Oil - This ingredient is known to naturally nourish the skin and provide protection from damage caused by UV rays. It may help restore elasticity to skin that becomes dry due to aging. People who suffer from skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis often use sea buckthorn oil to treat their symptoms.
- Macadamia Nut Oil - Macadamias are nuts that are native to Australia. They provide many different benefits to the body including protecting against heart disease and cancer. Macadamias are rich in zinc, selenium, vitamins B1, B2, E, P, K, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, biotin, pantothenic acid, and folic acid.
- Grapeseed Oil - Grapeseeds are seeds found inside grapes that are grown to make wine. This ingredient is packed full of vitamins like A, D, E, and K. It provides moisturizing benefits to the skin and hair, and even helps prevent wrinkles and skin blemishes.
Floraandnoor is a halal certified skincare line that use halal and all organic ingredients.Halal certified means using products that don't contain alcohol. Every product carries natural oils for every skin type.From Aloe vera to Organic Sunflower Oil or Macadamia Nut Oil to Vitamin C .They cater to the wellness-conscious consumers desire for clinically effective, sustainable, and naturally-derived skincare.
Leave a comment